Description: An easy mix of vegetables for a beginner eater.
Serving Size: 15-20 ice cube trays
Time: 6 hours
- 4 cups left over (pre cooked) basmati plain rice
- 1 cup of green peas (may be frozen)
- 1 cup green string beans (can use frozen)
- 1 cup yellow string beans (can use frozen)
- 3 cups yellow squash (butternut or acorn, peeled and chopped into cubes)
- 3 small zucchini peeled and chopped
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 cup water (or more, judge as it cooks)
- Add all ingredients to crock pot and set on to cook for 6 hours. I stir this every so often so that the rice doesn't stick to much in clumps while cooking.
- After cooked and cooled, place into blender and puree until smooth.
- Add into ice cube trays and cover and freeze.
I use these cubes alone or I add other types of cubes to give a different style meal... ie: meat, poultry or extra vegetables. My baby loves it and helps her get all those yummy vitamins. Nice and simple to make.