Description: Unusual ingredients blend to create a sweet sauce and pork that literally melts in your mouth. Great to impress guests or DH for a "special" dinner. I suggest serving with rice to take advantage of the sauce which is just YUMMY!!
Serving Size: 8
Time: 10 minutes prep, 6-8 cook
- 1 can (16 oz) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (5.5 oz) apricot nectar (roughly 1/2 cup) *Make sure you purchase "nectar"
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 2 tsp cider or distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- One 2 1/2 lb boneless pork loin roast, well trimmed.
- Mix all ingredients except pork in a 3 qt. or larger slow cooker.
- Add pork.
- Spoon some cranberry mixture over the top (Can be done the night before and refrigerated in removable crock)
- Cover and cook on Low 6-8 hours, or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork to cutting board and slice.
- Spoon fat off sauce; serve sauce with pork.