Description: Pretzel chicken is delicious and easy to make. It is great cut up in a salad or just on your plate as your protein!

Time: 10-15min to prep and 25 min in the oven, so ~40 min total.

Serving Size: you can make it for yourself or your whole family. It's awesome cold!! and leftovers are just as good!

Preparation: In a food processor, crush/pulverize salted pretzels to fill a 1cup measuring cup. You'll end up with pretzel dust and some pcs as long as a grain of rice. Use prepared honey dijon mustard or make your own using dijon + honey to taste. Preheat oven to 375*.

Difficulty: Easy imho

Ingredients:
1. chicken cutlets, defatted, approx 6-10 cutlets
2. honey dijon mustard- I make my own. (or use whatever mustard you like)
3. crushed pretzels approx 1 Cup (I have never really measured, but a few nice handfuls of pretzels)
4. EVOO

Steps:
1. Pour crushed/pulverized pretzels in a bowl.
2. Pour about 1/8- 1/4 cup honey dijon mustard in another bowl
3. Add 1-2T oil into your pan and heat on med heat
4. Dip chicken in the honey dijon mustard, coating it generously
5. Dip in the crushed pretzels coating well.
6. Fry for ~1 min on each side till coating browns slightly...you may need to add more oil for the other side
7. Once it is nicely browned, place it on a baking stone, on a lightly sprayed baking sheet, or on a lightly sprayed glass pan
8. When all the chicken is coated and on the baking sheet, place them in the oven for 20min.
9. Flip and bake for 5 more min. (the underside will be wet.....so it is impt to flip and to not have too much oil on the pan.)
10. Serve and enjoy with salad, rice, quinoa whatever!

NOTES:
*when turning the cutlets on the stove, the coating is delicate. I use tongs and flip at the tip of the cutlet to avoid pulling off too much coating.
*they are also tricky to flip in the oven too...be ginger.
* more oil does not make them more crispy. Tonight, I found that less oil makes them more crisp. Do not over oil the baking pan(baking stone is prefect bc no oil is needed) But, you need to have just the right about when initially sealing the coating while frying.
*the first two times I made this, the coating was not very crispy, but it was still delicious!!!

Variations:
*I used Frank's hot sauce
*I used smoke horseradish sauce once....wasn't strong enough
*I used spicy sweet hot mustard...didn't initially coat it enough, but was tasty.
Be creative!